Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The First Cup

Hello there readers!

I just finished a fantastic book today entitled "Beyond All Price" by Carolyn Poling Schriber. Taking the view of Nellie Chase, a real life Civil War nurse, Schriber follows Nellie's life in the military during the war that wracked our beloved country. I fell in love with Nellie, almost as if she was serving me beef tea while I laid ill in a make shift military hospital.

This novel does more than touch your heart, it warms your soul and each breath you take. It exemplifies a life that was lived in order to make the world a better place for all. At the end of the book, Schriber explains that Nellie and her husband are buried in a cemetery in Louisville, Kentucky. What I wouldn't give to see the monument they erected in remembrance of her!

How far is it to Louisville!?

Beyond All Price on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment