Friday, January 20, 2012

Who Would You Be?

Who would you be if you woke up not knowing who you were?

Without a memory, without a past. A blank slate waiting with a piece of chalk poised above it. If events and how we react to them make us who we are, then would you become a different person when given the chance to start over?

The story of "Vivien" revolves around this thought in the novel Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas. I, personally, couldn't connect with the main character when it comes to her amnesia. But I could connect with the way "Vivien" rejected her past to become someone new because it was so thought provoking. It forced me to ask myself what I would want to change about my personality and past if I was given the chance.

Then the novel forced me to go even deeper when the plot took a turn I never saw coming. It left me questioning whether people ever really change.

Is the person we'll grow up to be an innate form? Or one of evolution?
Someone to Watch Over Me on Amazon
rating: 4/5 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment