Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Teaser Tuesday (216)

TeaserTuesdays2014e

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm/Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

18114322

The Grapes of Wrath (p.98)
   - John Steinbeck

And they stood apart and watched him secretly, the great brother who had killed a man and been in prison. They remembered how they had played prison in the chicken coop and fought for the right to be prisoner.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this, can you believe it? Somehow it was never required reading when I was in school and then I just have never picked up anything by Steinbeck. I really should give this one a try. Thank you for sharing!

    I shared my teaser for Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely remember reading this in high school. It's on my list to read sometime this year. :-) Thanks for the reminder. Here's my Teaser: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/teaser-tuesdays-dawn-at-emberwilde.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had to read this in AP English, so I read it along with her. It has been 14 years. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete