Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Teaser Tuesday (245)

Teaser Tuesday | BooksAndABeat.com

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm/Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

30955484

Hair Power (71% Kindle)
   - Piers Anthony

"But why? I mean, the hairballs -- what do they want from you?"
"That is what we are waiting to find out. There has to be a price on this largess. Whatever it is, we'll gladly pay it." 






Synopsis
Terminal cancer patient, Quiti, walks into an abandoned building planning on taking her life. 
Instead, she encounters a telepathic ball of hair that insists it is an alien seeking to facilitate diplomatic communication on Earth. 
Quiti assumes it is all a hallucination conjured up by her brain tumor. 
Because of this assumption, when she saves the alien’s life and it insists on doing Quiti a favor in return, she only asks for her hair back. She soon discovers, however, that the creature’s gift extends much further than her new locks that can change color with a thought. As her powers grow and her deadly illness goes into remission, Quiti quickly realizes that there are those that would want to use her for her abilities and is forced to leave behind everything that she knew. 
Will this blessing curse her to a life on the run, or does the mysterious hairball have more in store for her?

5 comments:

  1. This certainly is way more intriguing than the title would suggest. I would definitely keep reading. I hope you enjoy it. Here's my post link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1ra

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that sounds hilarious and spooky all at the same time! I've TBR'd this on GoodReads! Hubby is standing behind me and he is a fan of this author too!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I could suspend my disbelief enough to read this one! Sounds like it could be funny, though.
    My Tuesday post features Letters From Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plot sounds good, but I'm not sure I could get past the hairballs. It does sound like a mix of intensity and farce. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only Piers Anthony can write a book about a talking hairball and make me want to read it!

    My TT from Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

    ReplyDelete