Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Nook Released

It was brought to my attention today that Barnes and Noble has come out with a new and improved Nook in order to compete with Kindle. It it supposed to be lighter, faster at loading the electronic ink, have a touch screen, a battery life of 2 months, and have access to over one million books. WOW.

This is going to be a really tough competitor for the Kindle. For people who haven't invested in an e-reader yet, this one will be the one to get! (I'd get it if I didn't already have a Kindle) But in my opinion, I've had my Kindle since February and I absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it, at all. The battery lasts a month, the loading isn't slow by any means, and books that one can access is more than enough.

I feel that Amazon got it right the first time, unlike the Nook. While the Kindle has been enhancing their already-great attributes, the Nook has been re-vamping theirs in order to be better than the Kindle. I'd have to say, let's wait and see what Amazon comes out with in the Kindle 4 before we all become nook-fiends. Then we'll really have a competition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment