Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday (140)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

8685612

The Iron Queen (p. 131)
     - Julie Kagawa

I didn't see any falling stars, but if I had, I would've wished my dad be kept safe, that Ash and Puck would survive the coming war, and that somehow, we all would come out of this okay. If wishes were horses. I knew better. Fairy godmothers didn't exist, and even if they did, they wouldn't wave a magic want and make everything better.

6 comments:

  1. I have not yet read this author...very curious, though. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “UNBECOMING”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover. This sounds like an intriguing story.
    My Tuesday post features THE YANKEE CLUB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really interesting. I'm going to have to pick that one up! Great teaser! Here's mine on Lies We Tell Ourselves. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have heard a lot about this author/book -- I hope you enjoy(ed) it! Mine: A Last Chance Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this cover around a lot, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't want a fairy godmother. Unfortunately, we must make do without. The cover art is enchanting and I've heard good things about this book.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/09/teaser-tuesdays-91-a-zombie-christmas-giveaway-and-freebies/

    ReplyDelete