Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Teaser Tuesday (172)

TeaserTuesdays2014e

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

20522640

Mortal Heart (p.22)
   - Robin LaFevers

My redoubled efforts in my training lessons have borne rich fruit, for not only have I demonstrated that no one else is equal to my skill, I have rebelled openly enough that reports of my behavior should make their way back to the abbess and have her reconsidering whether I will be so compliant with her every wish.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like there's a strong female character in this book. I like that!
    My Tuesday post features a literary classic: OF HUMAN BONDAGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser and the cover is gorgeous!

    Hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/07/teaser-tuesday-dying-to-read-72815.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teaser. Sounds like she wants everyone to know she can hold her own and use her own mind. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo - I like it. GREAT teaser selection.

    Mine is from Season of Salt & Honey by Hannah Tannicliffe: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/7/28/teaser-tuesday-season-of-salt-honey-by-hannah-tunnicliff

    ReplyDelete