Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Teaser Tuesday (173)

TeaserTuesdays2014e

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers



"The Indifferent Golem," I Truly Lament (Kind 24%)
    - Mathias Freese

I remember an old fable from childhood which my mother told me one wintry evening in Poland. We had survived a recent pogrom and were terrified.

6 comments:

  1. Huh, I wonder if the fable that mother told was actually a true story.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this author before, but not this particular book. I hope the old fable gives the listener some hope. What a terrible time period that was.

    Here is mine: http://www.literaryfeline.com/2015/08/where-is-your-bookmark-08042015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Vonnie. Perhaps it was a true story?

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/04/teaser-tuesdays-124-my-life-as-a-white-trash-zombie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it could have been a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about that old fable. This sounds like a good book.
    My Tuesday post features SHELTER US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrifying!

    My teaser this week is from Pretending the Dance by Diane Chamberlain: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/8/4/teaser-tuesday-pretending-the-dance

    ReplyDelete