Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WWW Wednesday (36)


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?

• What did you recently finish reading?

• What do you think you’ll read next?

01. Currently Reading:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Very fantastical and bizarre. I'm completely loving it, but having trouble keeping the timeline straight as each chapter has a date.

02. Recently Finished:
Goodnight, Brian by Steven Manchester. Moving and inspirational novel about defying the odds and the love of family.

03. Reading Next:
The Burning of Isobel Key by Jen McConnell. A present day girl searches for the answers behind a witch burning in Scotland years before. Review to be posted on January 14th. =)

6 comments:

  1. Someday I have to go back and READ The Night Circus. I think I might have loved it if I had. Instead, I listened to the audiobook and "liked it okay" with an uneasy awareness that the very issue you state--jumping points of view and timeline--greatly impaired my ability to truly enjoy it.

    http://planetpooks.com/www-wednesday-01-09-13/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cover for The Night Circus! I still haven't grabbed a copy for myself though...maybe this payday, it sounds like such a fascinating read.

    My WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked 'The Night Circus' a lot, but found a few things I wish were different. Here's my post on it, should you find yourself in need of taking up your time! :) http://wellreadfish.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-night-circus.html

    'Goodnight Brian' is on my list, only I can't remember where I first heard of it!

    http://wellreadfish.blogspot.com/2013/01/whacha-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved the Night Circus and can't wait until Morgenstern's next book which I hope will be coming soon. The Burning also sounds really good...I'm looking forward to your review and adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. I have Night Circus on my TBR list and can't wait to read it, hopefully soon. I have Goodnight, Brian to read in the next couple of weeks, so I can't wait to see your thoughts. Happy reading.

    Katie ~ TurnersAnticsWWW

    ReplyDelete